Here we are in January… the new year underway, and a bastion of hope for what the new year may bring. With that, I give you my “resolutions” for the coming year… at least the ones that I see as fit for public consumption. Here they are, in no particular order:
1) Get my weight down to between 160-175 lbs.
2) Read between 26-30 new books during the year (meaning – reading a book for the first time)
3) Finish “Book 1” – the current project started in November’s NaNoWriMo
4) Write 8-10 short stories/articles.
5) Complete 1st draft of a script idea I’ve been working with (working title: Four Corners)
6) Compete in a 1/2 marathon (there’s one that I’m looking at that’s scheduled for the fall in Virginia Beach…)
7) Learn three (3) songs on bass guitar (to be able to play through completely)… (By default, one of them is going to be “Lady Madonna” by the Beatles, as I have already started on it… the other two are still undeclared at the moment)
8) Clean my office (and keep it clean)… trust me… it is a bigger deal than one may think…
9) Clean & Organize my attic space… a big undertaking, considering the attic has become one of the “catch-all” storage spaces…
10) Clean & Organize our guestroom (our other “catch-all” storage space… which has made the room impossible to use for anything else… like, guests!)
That’s the basics for now… I’ll try to put a “year in review” post a bit later…